Home Forums Everything about everything else Motor conversion – cheap props

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BlindPilot
    Participant

Hi, Hello to all members here
    My first post here. I’ll try not break anything.

I am building a budget DIY tricopter with scavenged parts from my friends’ crashed drones on RCExplorer Tricopter V4 ( when it becomes available again in store ). I have a set of motors from a crashed Storm6 drone ( 2212/930KV ) complete with ESC etc. These motors were set to use fancy ( read expensive ) carbon-fiber props with ” two mounting screw holes “. Here is my question:

– Are there any cheap plasticky ” two mounting hole ” props that I can use on these motors?
    – Alternatively, Is there a way to modify these ” two hole prop ” motors to accept cheap plastic props ?

Terje

See if you can find a prop adapter that fits your motors?

donnyb
    Participant

I bought a set of Motors similar to the ones that you have displayed. The problem with the boat on shaft was the balance. Taking the bolt on shaft off left me with just a little 2mm shaft on the end.

So i bought some new motor shaft about 10 mm longer than than the orginal. That would easily solve the problem with the exception of the shaft was press fit. So i got a cheap arbor press and changed them out.

Only problem is that the motors weigh about 4 ounces each like 100grams. Needless to say they have been put aside for later.

Just a thought.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.