Home Forums Everything about everything else My poor Ultimaker 2's and share your 3D printer experience

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Terje

Hi @veehoo, the Solidoodle 4 uses an all metal extruder, unlike the SD3 that has an 3D printed one. The bushings (no bearings) on the X and Y axis are press fitted onto the ABS of the brackets though. Since it is a precision machine I am reluctant to try and replace them.

mmemetea
    Participant

When set-up correctly, you can have a relatively cheap 3D printer making parts that match David’s Ultimaker (to be convince, take a look at the ).
    I own a prusa i3 Hephestos from a spanish company called BQ that cost 500€ and I’m delighted by the cost vs quality. I’ve made the upgrade to heated bed (which really help) and I’ve got top notch quality.
    Don’t underestimate the importance of software as well as the slicer is part of the process itself. I like KISSLICER very much.
    Some small modifications goes a long way in getting good quality parts. A can only recommend the series of Youtube video from Thomas Sandalerer to improve your knowledge. As for the quality of the parts, I let you judge…

veehoo
    Participant

Understood. There’s a bunch of people in the soliforum community who swear by the modified parts, be it SD3 or SD4. And I have to admit I’ve ordered parts already for some of the mods while waiting for the printer (which isn’t even shipped yet, after 2 months). I’ll let you know how it goes once I actually get my hands on the printer…

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.