Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Naze 32 Full Tricopter Frame

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    chhenni
    Participant

Finally got around to assembling and testing a tricopter with the naze frame.
    It flew really good. Im Superhappy!
    And with the PDB the build is so much cleaner than the first one i built, with the original frames.

malc
    Participant

definitely buy add-on board

Achim
    Participant

A GPS / Baro / Compass add on would be fantastic! But I am also very keen on your mini !
    Keep up your fantastic work!

lauka
    Participant

According to this post in rcgroups someone is at least working on the addon board.

Has anyone made a clean build with 12V BEC+filter, osd and gps? There isn’t many places to hide those without adding more layers to the frame. Would be awesome if the addon board had embedded osd as well:)

NinjaFlashX
    Participant

Just maidened my Tri with the new Naze32 board, oh man was it smooth!!! LOVE IT!!!

I used David’s setup/setting exactly and it was perfect. A little bit of trim and that was all it required.

Michele
    Participant

Hi,
    I just Maiden mine too. It flies, but it bounces all over the place .
    I mean I apply a bit of Throttle and it goes up .. take a bit throttle off and goes down FAST… then compensate 2 cklicks and it starts to go up etc… not enough time to trim as it keeps going up and down . And when it comes down it almost slams on the ground. Need more throttle control. It is annoying .. A LOT. I must have some PID settings wrong.
    Can someone help me with the proper PID settings?
    Thanks

Brian Black
    Participant

I am having the same problem. One click up (from midpont) and it rises. One click lower (back to midpoint) and it drops. No real level possibility.

Brian Black
    Participant

I meant to say hover not level.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

What is your throttle curve on the TX and in the FC? You might want to set the midpoint/expo on the FC so that it’s more flat around the hover throttle.

Brian Black
    Participant

@LeoTheHuman, I am not sure how to do what you are suggesting.

Terje

In the flight controller: Open Cleanflight, go to the receiver tab and alter the Throttle EXPO value.

Attachments:
    Michele
    Participant

Yep that helped, Need constant tweaking until you find the correct settings.
    Mine flew much better since I also changed the PID value and increased them.
    Here is the link to the settings I have found it worked better on the naze 32. it is from a different tricopter but with these setting mine flew much better. Also changing props from 8×45 to 10×45 made a world of difference.

I re-maiden it today and I could actually pilot it in a small yard without bouncing it like a crazy ball up and down.

I will publish my settings once I got them right.

Brian Black
    Participant

Thanks! I set it pretty high for now. I can’t fly until I get the new ESC, but I sure do appreciate all the help!

Patrick
    Participant

Did it work also with improved PID Controller 1 or are the tricopter adjustments only valid in PID Controller 0 like in your Video?

LoneWolf-HD
    Participant

Hello!

I will use a FRSKY X8R receiver for my “NAZE32 Full Tricopter Frame”. Does the telemetry from the board work with the receiver so i can see it on my tarains?

I know that i need an inverter cable for the sbus connection to the naze.

Does SmartPort and Naze32 work???

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.