Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Naze32 V3.5 frame uart problem

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jihlein 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

buffedelic
    Participant

Hi
    been trying to connect a flysky reciever to the naze32 frame. version 3.5?
    I am using iBus but cannot get the board to see the receiver.
    have tryed rx/tx, giop and pinout header pin 1 with no success, can anyone help?

Kevin_Erik

I’ve not used the NAZE yet but i can tell you that the Frsky receivers often have both inverted and non-inverted pads. Depending on your FC you may need to wire up differently. Look closely at your FC’s documentation at it should say which type of Sbus it supports. I can say from experiance that wiring directly to the FrSky is really hard without good micro-soldering tools and magnification.

buffedelic
    Participant

The “naze32” fc has no problem with Ibus. This is the Naze frame from rxexplorer (v3.5!?)
    I bought it with a hole bunch of stuff from an auction so I have no other info on it, that is why I am unshure of the version. In any case it is the first model from rcexplorer with integrated FC and PDB.

But I made progress, the PPM output from the reciever works on pin 1. But I like to utlize the only UART avalible, with Ibus..

Softserial gives me a serial port on pin 5 and 6 but is is lagging terribly!!

Is pads marked rx/tx for UART 1? same as USB?!
    GPIO pads?

EDIT:
    `
    resource BEEPER 1 A12
    resource MOTOR 1 B06
    resource MOTOR 2 B07
    resource MOTOR 3 B08
    resource MOTOR 4 B09
    resource SERVO 1 A08
    resource SERVO 2 A11
    resource PPM 1 A00
    resource PWM 1 A00
    resource PWM 2 A01
    resource PWM 3 A02
    resource PWM 4 A03
    resource PWM 5 A06
    resource PWM 6 A07
    resource PWM 7 B00
    resource PWM 8 B01
    resource SERIAL_TX 11 A07 <—-Softserial? same as pin 6
    resource SERIAL_TX 12 B01 <—-USB , same as tx pad?
    resource SERIAL_RX 11 A06 <—-Softserial? same as pin 5
    resource SERIAL_RX 12 B00 <—-USB. , same as rx pad?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  buffedelic.

Kevin_Erik

Got any pic’s of the FC, preferably something showing the model number?

buffedelic
    Participant

Se product picture below, no markings except silkskreen for pads and “RC Explorer”
    Pic

Is using latest firmware my problem? Might need to go down to 0.5

Kevin_Erik

First off this board is a little bit before my time and David would have to chime in to provide detailed clarification. Secondy, the “latest” is no long Betaflight but instead dRonin (TriRonin). Now assuming this FC has any releation to the current V4 model, you should be able to use TriRonin as per Jihlein’s Tricopter thread: https://rcexplorer.se/forums/topic/dronin-for-tricopters-trironin/

Beyond all that you could use Betaflight but run into space limitations im some of the older F3 flight controllers. Its part of why the newest FC’s are F4’s, its not just the bells and whistles but the extra memory for all the features people want supported.

buffedelic
    Participant

Naze is a F1 board 🙂
    I am experienced in electronics so if anyone has some technical advice I am all ears.
    It is flying now, and dont really feel like taking it apart again and tracing pins and pads up the river to the crusty old stm32f1xxxx…

EDIT: There are things that are more fun to fly anyways 🙂 I’m in it for the nostalgia, I want it hanging there on the wall and maybe take it out once or twice a year to fly it…
    Everything in the multirotor business moves on very rapidly and electronics just two three years old are outdated.
    This tricopter has everything integrated and I will not glue on new gear to make it up to date, it is like an old car sitting:)

Men props till dig David för ditt arbete med dessa fina modeller!! Är lite sugen på en bicopter för nöjes skull

jihlein
    Participant

I have the same board. The TX/RX pins are indeed the same as the USB. The NAZE32 boards use a USB bridge chip, and the TX/RX pads are a breakout of Uart1 that also go to the bridge chip. The TX/RX pads are not useable when USB is being used.

For a serial receiver, 2 of the PWM input pins function as the serial RX input, although I can’t recall I can’t recall which two. I will look.

I’m not familiar with iBus, but I know that sBus needs either an external inverter to work with the Naze32, or as mentioned above, you need to pick off the uninverted signal inside the RX.

The only firmware choice for a Naze is one of the older Betaflight versions, or Triflight versions. The newer firmwares, including dRonin, won’t fit in the available flash space, and even if they did, the F1 doesn’t have the cpu cycles to run them.

If your board is the F3 version – that’s another story.

buffedelic
    Participant

The iBus is not inverted like sbus so this is not a problem.

I want to make this clear, I am using naze32, the one integrated onto the frame of the copter.

For future reference there is a Naze32, stand alone FC, version capable of inverted sbus. It is naze32 rev6. And there is no F3 Naze32, it is F1 with a grey/white beard on it 🙂

jihlein
    Participant

Actually there is an F3 Naze32, it was made in very limited quantities, and it was a board ahead of it’s time. Still is a very good F3 board, I was lucky to get 3 of them, which I still use.

Anyway – I’m not convinced the RCE integrated F1 board, while based on the Naze32 board, has the inverter for sBus. But since iBus doesn’t need the inverter, no issue there. Still looking for the right pins for Uart2, I know I have the documents somewhere…..

Kevin_Erik

Would be something if there were an archived section for the older FC’s and firmware. Thats something sorely missed here.

jihlein
    Participant

So for the Naze32 board:

USART2 RX connects to PWM Input #4 (PA3)
    USART2 TX connects to PWM Input #3 (PA2)

buffedelic
    Participant

ok. do you know what pins “gpio” pads are connected to?

Maybe I just tare mine apart again and do a proper schematic of the board… Might be useful for someone else in the future..

jihlein
    Participant

Maybe I’m not understanding your question.

There’s a sub group of 8 x 3 pins on the large 14 x 3 header, inside a silkscreened box that says Receiver Input. In the previous post I used PWM Input instead of Receiver Input.

Receiver Input 3 is USART2 TX
    Receiver Input 4 is USART2 RX

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.