Home Forums Everything about the Baby Tricopter New Build: Baby Tricopter #2

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    LitterBug
    Participant

Got @jihlein’s latest firmware mashup of dRonin and TriFlight on Baby Tri #2. FINALLY got it out to the field for some FPV tonight. Need to detune yaw gain at high throttle, and kind of baffled why it oscillates on right turns but not left. Going to re-check servo center and endpoints.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

MadPoet
    Participant

Back at your typical field I see, thanks for posting this FPV. Loads better than mine on BF/TF3.2.2, more tuning for me (I’ve got dRonin loaded on the F3FC on the bench, a couple of more tests and I will move it back into the baby tricopter). I seriously thought you were gonna crash a couple of times, good job getting it back into control.

jihlein
    Participant

@MadPoet – If your up to some experimentation, I have a target for the Matek405Ctr ready for flight testing. I’ve tested as much as I can on the bench with a logic analyzer, and it seems to be doing what it should. The only thing I haven’t tested is the OSD. There are some differences from the *Flight implementation, but maybe we ought to start a new thread to discuss that. Let me know and I’ll compile a MACOS installer.

In the mean time, I’m also rebuilding my Baby Tri, just need to decide between F3Fc/Mini PDB, BrainRE1/Mini PDB, or the Matek405Ctr. Pros and cons each way….

Kevin_Erik

@jihlein

I’ve the Quadcopter built with the Camera / VTX installed. After the Maiden flight with the new hardware, I’ll start the process of testing the new target for the Matek F405-CTR. After that I’ll rebuild the Tricopter and perform the same.

image1

Quadcopter, 534 Grams with 1300 mAh battery, FPV, HD recording and Telemetry. Majority of parts savaged from Tricopter-Baby. Runcam split mounted in cage using custom TPU mounts, while the VTX has its own mounting hardware that keeps it away from the frame.

Edit: Opened a thread in the “everything-else” section devoted to the Matek F405-CTR target.

MadPoet
    Participant

@jihlein Dude! very cool, shame I only just saw this post. Yes, please if you could get me a MacOS build of it, I will load it straight away. Maybe drop a link in my thread or in the new on Kevin created.

jihlein
    Participant

@MadPoet – link dropped in the Matek405Ctr testing thread…..

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Baby Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.