Home Forums Everything about the Bicopter New build motor not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bellah1z 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bellah1z
    Participant

Just finished a new build using the Rc Ex kit parts and my lh motor wont run like it is not getting all three phases as it stutters.

I have tested both motors in the beta flight tab motor tab and it wont do anything else other than stutter like on two phases.

I have checked all the solder joimts for continuity on the three wires going from the esc.

Any ideas as to it something simple?

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Bellah1z.

selste
    Participant

Hi,
    do You have the option of simply switching the ESCs? If the problem persists afterwards – then on the rh motor of course – it’s a defective ESC … otherwise the lh motor is broken.

Steffen

Bellah1z
    Participant

I diagnosed the problem and embarrassingly … Well it’s 100% user error.

I replaced the motor with a spare quad motor and it all worked so it’s a broken motor.

I am used to big RC helicopters and big parts after 30 years and without thinking I used a motor mounting bolt that was too long and it hit the motor windings and shorted the motor windings…

Well that’s a top tip for new players in these tiny motors is to make sure you use the right length engine mounting bolt !

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Bellah1z. Reason: Typo
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.