Home Forums Everything about everything else New FAA Rules

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BlackSheep1
    Participant

Hello,
    Has anyone heard about the new FAA rules that they are trying to do? From what I hear you will have to register all of your RC Drones or be penalized for not doing it.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Another poor man banned by Google…
    3 word search from your question:https://www.google.com/search?q=faa+drone+registration

BlackSheep1
    Participant

Now what I’m trying to figure out is where in the weight range would the tricopter would fit? since they are saying in the range of .55 and up? I am still interested in getting one in the future when I have the funds available. But so far for now I have to think of bigger things happening in my live. But it is interesting that the FAA is stepping in on something because of all of the silly people doing stupid stuff and unlawful stuff. Now because of it and the one that follows the rules for flying safely as a hobby are having to anti-up.

Bengt
    Participant

Yes you will clearly get inside the weight range. My new MiniTri is completely stock standard. It has a small Lemon 6ch DSMX RX, the recommended battery and no camera or any other extra gear.
    It sums up to 602 g; or 1.33 lb (US).

Attachments:
    donnyb
    Participant

Actually I think it’s a sham. If you register your craft your information goes public. Name and address so if there is a incident in your area, guess who’s going to be the first person there going to look for? Sure there has been privacy issues and stupidity incidents. But having your drone and your information for the police departments to pick and chose Is a little intimidating. That allows witch hunting.

No one person can do anything about it, but the people we buy our products from can. not necessarily outside of the United States but definitely inside. it might be a good idea to have the companies in the United States help fight for right and they’re right because with the $27,000 fine to a quarter of a million dollar fine no one will buy their stuff. Just A thought.

donnyb
    Participant
    Lazybutt
    Participant

LeotheHuman, Always a nice welcome message…. so pleasurable being in the same hobby as you

His question was “has anyone heard about the new FAA rules” maybe thats not obvious to you, but my guessing is that he’s trying to get people from this forum react, and express their opinion about it + discuss all the small details that are not yet clear or available, and exchange on the current speculation.

I did not see a technical question… not sure what you’re trying to achieve or prove with your scorn

donnyb
    Participant

I wouldn’t consider that scornful, it’s more or less a warning to stick up for your rights while you can. I would spew the same for your right to own a fire arm.
    If your on the outside of the USA it’s probably nothing to worry about, until you lose your right to fly like Bruce from rcmodelreviews. (New Zealand)
    As a matter of fact technically speaking if any government wanted to ban all radio control toys they could.

BlackSheep1
    Participant

Donny your right about what I was trying to do and I know about the troubles Bruce had in New Zealand and how long it took him to get his wings back just to be able to do his reviews.

donnyb
    Participant

I’ve been deeply concerned since the f.a.a. have been involved in the radio control crafts. And if I only had one small quad or tricopter (rtf) It could be solved by tossing it to the bin and not worrying about a $27,000 fine.
    But just like Dave and flitetest. I too have a bit more to lose. I been getting request from people to design and build multirotors. It instantly stopped since f.a.a. involvement.

donnyb
    Participant

The Federal Aviation Administration confirmed Friday afternoon that information logged in its fledgling UAV registry will be searchable by the general public — just not initially. In an email to Forbes, an FAA spokesperson stated, “Until the drone registry system is modified, the FAA will not release names and address. When the drone registry system is modified to permit public searches of registration numbers, names and addresses will be revealed through those searches.”

There has been some confusion over the matter as the FAA’s registry FAQ states that the agency, the contractor that it hired to operate the registry and law enforcement which had led some to believe that only those three entities would have access to the information. However, the FAA did state in its Department of Transportation filing that “all records maintained by the FAA in connection with aircraft registered are included in the Aircraft Registry and made available to the public, except email address and credit card information submitted under part 48 [of the registry].”

donnyb
    Participant

FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/2016/01/04/faa-sued-in-federal-court-over-drone-registration-rules/

I thought posting this was kind of good news. It’s all in the works.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.