Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter LR Betaflight works

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fallkon
    Participant

Switched to betaflight
    Thanks

yumemi5k
    Participant

It’s called ServoCal now.

Fallkon
    Participant

Switched to betaflight everything works.
    Thanks

Kevin_Erik

The old version of Betaflight for Tricopters was called “Triflight”. Far as i know of, the ServoCal isn’t part of the current Betaflight build (4.0 +). Unless someone have made a separate branch specifically for this.

That being said, a Tricopter will fly just fine using the current Betaflight due to it’s superior handling of filtering and the bonus of being able to use a data logger. Any data gathered can be run thru PIDtoolBox to figure out the copters step-response. Trust me, this is awesome sauce!

https://github.com/bw1129/PIDtoolbox

An older Step-Analyzer called Plasmatree does the same thing but doesnt have the nice GUI.

https://github.com/Plasmatree/PID-Analyzer

Fallkon
    Participant

thats great thanks. i just maidened er outside on betaflight with cli from here and port remapping worked great! i am using 7″x3.5×3 props and it seems to handle great in a small area, it was quite windy too.
    i know 8″ props are suggested but i might stick with these until i can actually get the mas 8×4. its very quiet with these 7″ and i hear that the ocsillations will be higher so it may not affect the camera stability as much.
    2blade props give lower frequency oscillations, which the camera picks up as jello.
    thanks to all that worked on the betaflight cli\pids!!!

slavasav
    Participant

Could you provide more details on betaflight setup please? How did you remap the servo inoput and output, and where are the suggested pids? thanks!

slavasav
    Participant

can’t get the rcexplorer servo working in betaflight 4: matek f405 std, 5v to servo, tried s6 with a08 resource (freed before of course) and s5 with a15 resource to no avail. tricopter mix with s1 servo.

slavasav
    Participant

I received a faulty servo apparently, got another one working with the same wiring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter LR’ is closed to new topics and replies.