Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Nothing but issues with the latest TriFlight beta and the F3FC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gephorian
    Participant

Finally switched to BetaFlight 3.3 and got it stable. Small list of issues…

– With the feedback wire attached, aerial tail tune fails. Every. Time. Doesn’t matter how steady it is, how little wind there is, or what… It’ll sit there, never reach the signature “tune successful” beeps, and eventually timeout and start continuously error beeping. Smaller tricopter on an SPRacing F3 with no feedback wire tunes fine.
    – With the feedback wire attached, yaw response is uneven. Yawing right is an order of magnitude slower than yawing left. Smaller tricopter on an SPRacing F3 with no feedback wire yaws fine, just with minor shuddering in tight turns and at high speeds or high winds.
    – As a result of the yaw issues, PID tuning is a bear. Uneven throttle responses from the tail motor cause jerks and bumps and causes severe oscillation in the entire frame.

Anyone else having these issues? Or maybe solved them? From what I can see these builds should be fairly similar aside from the feedback wire, no idea what would cause the larger tri to go ham.

Guess I should mention that the larger ti controls a LOT better under Betaflight 3.3, I just had to manually set the servo limits and expos. Still a bit of shaking and shuddering but at least it’s controllable. I feel like I can tune it from this point, I didn’t feel like that under TriFlight.

Build details for both tri’s:

Small tricopter build:
    2600kv RacerStar BR2205 motors
    4-in-1 31A ESC with onboard 1A 5v BEC
    SPRacing F3
    TGY-210DMH Servo
    5045 Tri-blade props (balanced)

Tricopter V4(ish) build:
    F3FC (Tricopter V4 version)
    SunnySky A2212-9 1400KV motors
    MakerFire 30A 32bit Bullet ESC
    BMS-210DMH Servo with Feedback Wire
    9047 GemFan props (balanced)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.