Home Forums Everything about everything else Possibility to show your appreciation for Triflight development

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Terje

@lauka: That sounds awesome! Thanks for the great work 🙂 I intend to remove some caps on my Aikon V1 ESCs and give dShot a… shot? TriFlight 0.6 RC2 is based on Betaflight 3.1.6 and should support dShot out of the box, right?

krkljan
    Participant

@Terje
    Very interesting question!

Wait for it…. Wait for it…..

Finger crossed!!!

lauka
    Participant

@Terje: Yes it supports dshot. The problem is that on the F3FC the front motors are on pins that don’t have DMA channels available. Might be possible if we would use the I2C pins for the front motor outputs.

Michael
    Participant

Will these changes work with the bigger tri’s as well? Also I’m wanting to know if I can use the servo output and PWM 5&6 on the tricopter frame F3 as motor outputs for a Y6

Thanks,
    Mike

Wow that is seriously impressive Lauka! Think you might have cracked the nut on this one 🙂

AtomicHemi
    Participant

Nice work Lauka, can’t wait to try this out, will this improve the lower speed performance? I find my baby tri oscillates at low speed or cruising especially if there is any wind, when flying from 3/4 to full throttle it is much smoother, I’ll try uploading the last flight I have,

Signed up to your Patreon too

LitterBug
    Participant

Combined with this: Your RCExplorer order from 7 March, 2017 has been shipped out makes my day!

Cheers!
    LitterBug

EDIT:
     :)

Terje

@lauka I2C on the integrated F3FC sounds like a solution I could live with. What about the F3FC for the mini? Any hope of any of the PWMs working on that one?

lauka
    Participant

Here’s a video of today’s testing session. My skills can only get better from this :). So happy to be back in the air.

@Terje: did you mean the F3FC for the baby? They are both the same so I2C it is for both. Haven’t tested that yet as I’m happy with the multishot performance.

AtomicHemi
    Participant

Wow thats awesome Lauka,

LitterBug
    Participant

Sweet! Where did the waggle go? Looking AWESOME!

Cheers!
    LitterBug

mcstan
    Participant

wow from the looks of doing the 180 the tail waggle looks almost gone!!

and a tricopter upside down epic..

Man that is fantastic! Going to try it as soon as the wind and rain stops 🙂

swissfreek
    Participant

I’m trembling with anticipation. I assume we can clone the repo and build ourselves a target to try this out for ourselves and give some feedback? I know how to do that on dRonin, need to study up on how to do it for BetaFlight…

lauka
    Participant

@swissfreek: you can, but the latest stuff is not in :(. I need to clean the test code out and set the defaults according to my current tune before pushing them in.

Also having problems with some targets that the Triflight stuff is not fitting in the flash. Need to figure what can be left out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.