Home Forums Everything about the Baby Tricopter Props badly out of balance and poor Yaw authority

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    billyd
    Participant

My all stock baby tri flies ok but I had a ton of vibration in my video. The picture was getting double imaged the vibration was so bad.

So I put my props on my prop balancer and they were out by a TON. I’ve purchased HPQ props before and never saw this. Crazy.

Anyway I balanced the props and issue solved. Odd that they could be so far out of whack, maybe a bad batch from the factory. All three were out, one was only mildly out of balance, but two were scary bad.

The second point is I don’t love how much I have to move the yaw stick to get a decent response. In comparison to the other axes it’s much different. I will fix this by changing the stick curve, but I would love to see the firmware altered to get a more even response from all similar control movements.

Anyway love the Baby tri despite these minor issues.

Bump up the YAW rate on the PID page and you can also increase it on the receiver page.

It’s set a bit low to help the beginners that have trouble moving the throttle stick without bumping the yaw + it’s a bit easier to learn with a dulled down yaw.

I have mine maxed out.

billyd
    Participant

Hi David thanks. How high can you go on the Yaw rate without causing problems? Not sure what the maximum is for rate? Is it 1?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Baby Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.