Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Protecting kk2 Board

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RCJim
    Participant

I have snow where I live right since it’s winter. Should I do something to water proof my kk2 board, if so what should I use?

Terje

Try CorrosionX 🙂

http://youtu.be/s4z8QMgTEA4 – But don’t use it on a board with barometer without first covering up the holes in the barometer! 🙂 And the LCD screen may not be too fond of CorrosionX either…

I of course ended up drawing a case for it and adding a piece of clear plastic over the LCD display as well – Then putting on a cover on top!

I water proofed my ESCs with clear heat shrink and sealed the ends up with liquid electrical tape, my receiver and motors with CorrosionX and my servo with CorrosionX HD.

– But that’s just me…

Attachments:
    RCJim
    Participant

I did the same to water proof my ESCs and other electronics, but I don’t have a 3d printer so making a box is not an option. Would just using CorrosionX work, I only have the HD version right now. Am I right that you should not put liquid electrical tape on the board?

coolblaze19
    Participant

um we are aware there is a cased version of the kk2 right.

Terje

55x55mm, 32g and no LCD screen?!? I think we are all flying the KK mini board on the slim tricopter frame? If that is not the case (no pun intended) I suddenly understand the space issues people are having…

RCJim
    Participant

Yes, I’m using the kk mini. I don’t think there is a cased kk mini.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.