Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Question for David: Mini Tricopter Power Pack

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Dear David,

I am planning to get a Mini Tricopter power pack. However, I see that you’re now offering it only with the Emax 2205 motors. My question is this: is it possible for me to obtain a power pack with the older DYS 2208 motors, and if so, how would I do this? I see that the older motors are still in stock separately.

By the way, are there any plans to make custom Emax motors that are branded with the RCExplorer.se logo?

Thanks!

The DYS 2208 will not be restocked and they just ran out I’m afraid.
    Emax doesn’t seem interested in doing custom motors. Asked but was denied. Think they sell the stock one way to much to care 😀

Oh no 🙁

I think I hate this more than you hate the Taranis or the Futaba Super 8 😀

But the Emax motors look pretty sweet too. The only reason why I wanted the old ones was to be able to run up to a 7″ prop and also to have the cool RCExplorer.se logo.

swissfreek
    Participant

I’m willing to bet there’s folks out there who have switched to the EMAX setup and now have three spare DYS motors they would be willing to part with. I know I do.

Terje

If all else fails, the non-branded ones are still available on eBay?

@Frank I might do that;
    @Terje I might go that route instead. But if the Emax motors are better, I might just buy the power pack.

I actually got an idea for re-branding the Emax motors: the current ones that David sells have a red base.
    These http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=505_506_599&products_id=5002
    are all black. If David would replace the red ones with the black ones and add an RCExplorer.se sticker that would wrap around the motor bell, wouldn’t it be almost the same as the older 2208s?

Just an idea.

Chadwick
    Participant

I’ve heard that the red bottoms outperform the black bottoms, so I’m not sure that would work.

@Chadwick That could be. I’ll check the specs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.