Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter RCE F1 Naze32 Board in 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

I’ve had a half-built mini tricopter with the RC Explorer F1 flight controller sitting in storage for years now. Decided to finish building it today, but I see that the F1 Naze32 boards are not well supported anymore.

What’s the best way to go about using this at this point? Is Triflight 0.7 beta 3 the best available option?

jihlein
    Participant

In my opinion you’d be better ofF with 0.5 Beta 3. In most users experience, 0.7 has been problematic with low throttle setting oscillations.

Matthew
    Blocked

I run a F1 mini-tri – Its how I bought it from the store.

But I have added the servo feedback and running Tri-flight 0.5 (beta 3) – the latest release.

It flys super well, minus there is a slight yaw twitch when hovering, or ‘drift’ if you want to call it that.

Otherwise super happy, support for the F1 board and the newer version of Tri-flight is difficult i have found, the resource mapping has changed and the default PIDs are for higher gyro and board rates and don’t translate well to F1 so i stick with 0.5

Dennis
    Participant

Hey Matthew.

After a crash I rebuild my Mini-Tri F1FC aswell and had to install a new receiver.
    But till now I didnt manage to get it connected to cleanflight/betaflight on Win10 to reconfigure it…
    I even dont find right UART-driver I think.
    Do you havw a short discription on how you got the old board connected and running?!

Cheers from Berlin
    Dennis

Matthew
    Blocked

I use a very old version of cleanflight (that matches the time that Triflight 0.5 came out) … but i also run it on Mac, shouldn’t make a difference as you run it as a chrome app.

you will have to manually add it to chrome though, as the newest cleanflight will override it.

…also if windows 10 is giving you grief, install win7 on another partition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.