Home Forums Everything about the Baby Tricopter Roll Flip Death Spiral

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roybrox
    Participant

Hiya!

I’ve been having quite a time trying to keep my baby tricopter running between parts breaking, the switch to betaflight, PID tuning and camera wobbling. Last week I finally got a PID tune that I liked quite a lot, with very snappy and responsive handling but also minimal camera wobble on FPV. However, when I went to fly it the next day, I did a brief LOS horizon-mode test before going full FPV. During the test, I usually do a punch up, roll flip, and pitch flip just to see if anything sounds bad or isn’t as-responsive as it should be.

When I went into the roll flip, it did the first one as-expected before accelerating to a speed beyond anything I’ve ever seen before, pulling another 5-10 flips before emerging, re-establishing the horizon with the ground as the sky, then accelerating full speed into the pavement. I patched it back up, but the next 3 tests on different days all yielded the same results. Flight was better in FPV/Acro mode, but even then I could repeat the spinning freakout and acceleration in a random direction.

The last crash knocked the tail clean off, so until a new motor controller, motor, and servo get in I’m SOL. I was running standard Akon 30a ESCs, RS2205 motors, and the blue-bird 210 servo. CLI dump attached.

Any ideas?

Attachments:
    1. 6_19_2017.txt
    biggestRCEfan
    Participant

Check out this Josh Bardwell tip: https://youtu.be/STNryGO4u0M

roybrox
    Participant

That’s not quite the same problem that I’m experiencing; he’s describing some heavy oscillations and I’m having issues with undesired rolls, no oscillations. I’m also running the stock F3FC board and with no SD card reader or blackbox, so I’m not really sure how that applies.

biggestRCEfan
    Participant

Hope you find the problem. Sure sucks when you don’t know the cause.

LitterBug
    Participant

You can add a serial SD OpenLog device to the F3FC. They are not very expensive and only take three wires and some quick config to get going. You can pick one up HERE for example.

You are still running one of the first beta versions of TriFlight0.7. I’d start by updating to the latest new yaw control V4 version that @lauka just posted today.

Do you know what BLHeli version is on your ESCs?

Cheers!
    LitterBug

EDIT: FYI, with the newer Beta/TriFlight versions, you can do a DIFF to see what parameters you have changed from default. Makes migrating settings between versions easier. Do not copy a dump from beta1 to the newer versions. Only update the parameters that are specific to your config

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Baby Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.