Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Servo feedback speed, post your results

Tagged: 

• This topic has 22 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by lauka.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

1. Blue Bird BMS-210DMH
    2. 5V
    # get tri_tail_servo_speed
    tri_tail_servo_speed = 241

Using Triflight 0.05 Beta 1

Tried with beta 2 today but for some unknown reason I cannot get my bird out of failsafe mode… Whatever beta 1 works beautifully for my setup. Currently have a 3.5 inspired frankentri cobbled together out of various bits from an Armattan Morphling frame, poplar booms courtesy of home depot, and an alarming number of zipties.

Have not run through armed tailtune yet but will post results for thrust factor in the appropriate thread.

Ratamahatta
    Participant

1. Savox SH-0255
    2. 6V

tri_tail_servo_speed = 366
    triflight 0.5-beta2

Joost
    Participant

1. Blue Bird BMS-210DMH
    2. 5V
    HQ6x4.5 mounted
    Emax motors
    tri_tail_servo_speed = 255

LitterBug
    Participant

1. Blue Bird BMS-210DMH
    2. 5V
    TriFlight 0.5/F3FC 1.13.0 Jul 24 2016
    tri_tail_servo_speed = 268

fpvlog
    Participant

mine is 398… is it normal?

lauka
    Participant

@fpvlog: What servo and voltage?

That’s quite high for BMS-210DMH. Double check your servo min and max angles to be 40 degrees to both directions from middle.

mcstan
    Participant

After getting this servo thinking… wow it miles faster than the stock one I have on my other… I didn’t really find it better at flying.. and much harder to tune. I get the feeling faster not does = better with triflight?

blue bird bms-HV21
    Running at 7.5v
    Tri_tail_motor_thrustfactor =50
    Tri_tail_servo_speed = 438

lauka
    Participant

@mcstan: I tested faster servos last year. I found it very challenging if not impossible to tune without increasing the filtering for the servo output. And then I would say it’s the same to use a slower servo which kind of has built-in lowpass filter compared to faster ones :).

I came to conclusion that the issue is the unbalanced motor/tilt mount, the faster servo threw the mass around so quickly that it disturbed the roll PID. When roll PID started fixing this, it produced yaw movement with the accelerating and decelerating front motors. That produced a snowball effect.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.