Home Forums Everything about everything else Servo Mapping

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CharlesFPV
    Participant

How do you what pins can be remapped to a servo?
    Can you always remap Motor4 to a servo?

Or does it need to be another pin.

I’m trying to build a Tricopter and the wiring of the servo is the only thing keeping me grounded.

jihlein
    Participant

The remapping of a resource for servo use is highly dependent on how the hardware designer laid out the board wrt to the timer resources. In most cases you can not simply remap Motor4, in many cases Motor4 shares timer resources with Motor3, therefore they must use the same output protocol. For example, DShot on Motor3, means Dshot on Motor4, which the servo can’t tolerate. 330 Hz PWM on Motor4, means your Motor3 protocol is limited to 330 Hz PWM.

Unfortunately it takes some not so straightforward research to figure this out. What flight controller are you using?

CharlesFPV
    Participant

I have a OminbusF4 and a Foxeer 405 lying around currently

jihlein
    Participant

I’ve not any direct experience with either of those boards, so here’s my best guess…..

The Foxeer won’t work with iNav, but might with BetaFlight with some remapping. Servo would be on S1, motors on S3 thru S5.

The OmniBusF4 has a lot of variants, but appears motors on S1-S3 and servo on S5 should work, both in BetaFlight and iNav.

To determine this, you need to look at the target files for the specific board, and find pins on separate timers that support servo outputs.

CharlesFPV
    Participant

Can you recommend a board with known working pin outs?

yumemi5k
    Participant

KakuteF4V2 and Matek F405 CTR and STD are known to work.
    I had a look at omnibus F4 target.c file, assuming you have a V3, S5 should work for servo out of the box.

CharlesFPV
    Participant

heres pin out

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by CharlesFPV.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.