Home Forums Everything about everything else Shipping issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ruiz
    Participant

My package appears to have disappeared. LX902988856SE tracks to Chicago, then hasn’t showed up anywhere since May 26. Please advise as to what steps I should take.

Looking forward to having this together for FliteFest, I hope.

Ruiz

mjpilot
    Participant

My package has been in chicago for the past 8 days too.
    I too am hoping to have it before Flite Fest.

Terje

Wow, it took ONE day to get from Sweden to the US, then almost a month in the sorting facility in Chicago? You might want to contact USPS and ask what is holding up your package?!? Judging from their crappy website and non-existent mail form, you are in for a long-haul though 🙁

I ordered another integrated Naze32 board along with other stuff on Monday (untracked), notice from RCExplorer same day informing me that it was packed and shipped, e-mail Tuesday that I could expect at package from “Posten” (the post), note in the mailbox today (Wednesday) that delivery was attempted – I can pick it up at the local postal office tomorrow after 1 PM…

donnyb
    Participant

@Ruiz It shouldn’t take that long in in Chicago. I would call them up. A week is a long time for your package to sit there. I’m over in ky next to Cincinnati and so far the longest international order has taken 20 days. The shortest is about 10 days. I would get a description including weight color and physical measurements of the package and see if if it could be lost.

mjpilot
    Participant

Hi Ruiz, what shipping option did you select? Insured or not Insured?

Ruiz
    Participant

@MJPilot. Insured, otherwise no tracking #.

mjpilot
    Participant

hmmmm. I have a feeling something is up with the insured shipping. I got insured shipping and as i noted earlier, my package is stuck in chicago.

Terje

@mjpilot I think that you, thanks to insured shipping (and tracability) are just able to see precisely where your package is stuck 🙂

Could be an issue with the transporter, could be an issue with the labeling. If one was to contact USPS they might find that USPS just don’t know where the package is, or the do know, but don’t know where to send it. That is why one should contact USPS ASAP and give them the information they need to expedite the package 🙂

mjpilot
    Participant

Just got done talking to usps. Chicago is where their customs office is located. She said they are allowed to keep the package for up to 45 days, however, most go out in 5 to 10.

tomtebloss
    Participant

Sounds strange. Why keep it? Is it because they haven’t checked the package yet?

clide
    Participant

Yep, customs doesn’t open and inspect every package that comes through, but they take a random sample (or probably a guided sample based on many factors). If you’re unlucky enough to be in that sample it delays things significantly.

donnyb
    Participant

Unfortunately that’s the downside to the international shipping. One of the only reasons I buy most of the stuff all ready imported. I do pay more and pay extra for the shipping, but on a Tim limit. It pays itself off. I think some of the local hobby shops should carry Daves tricopter in stock. Maybe flitetest…

Emailed USPS and asked “what the heck”
    We’ll see what they say

Cheers,
    David

Ruiz
    Participant

Any word from USPS?

“Judging by the tracking the package is currently being processed by customs and should be released soon”

Send back asking how soon as it’s been there for a mont >:(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.