Home Forums Everything about everything else Skyzone goggle goes black

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    2ma
    Participant

Hi !
    Another problem here and I hope someone has a solution for me ???? Some times while flying but moat often when my tri is not armed, my goggle turns black, no image at all and it comes back 1 or 2 seconds after… When am on the ground it’s ok but in midair it’s not cool xD any idea of what the problem could be ?
    Normally without connection I should see snow at least right ? I hope its not the goggle. I brought them to someone on fb and they worked great until I got times to times black screen :|at least I got them cheap 🙂

donnyb
    Participant

Hi 2ma, I know there might be a couple of solutions to your problem. Anytime you trouble shoot you start with the most basic. In order I would check the connection at the battery then if the wire that connects from the battery to your goggles. Check the plug and check if it looks oxidized. If it has a hole in the center get a magnify glass look in the hole. Plug the power wire into the goggles and try to wiggle the wire around and see if you can repeat the issue. If it don’t repeat the issue, look at the female connector on the goggles. Find a tooth pick and see if the shaft in the barrel connector moves. If not, take the toothpick and see if the side of the barrel connector moves. If it don’t move and the problem don’t repeat. It’s time to look inside of the goggles. Use your camera and take a picture of where every thing is at. Open up the goggles and take a picture. Look at the barrel connector and see if there is a cold weld. If so use a low powered solder iron and re melt the solder on the connection on the pc board.

donnyb
    Participant

Then I would take pictures like crazy at everything on the inside of the goggles the make sure you have a diagram of how to put it all back together again. After everything is put together set up the goggles. Usually the wire goes bad near a strain relief’s or near where the wire gets the most abuse. At the battery connector. I actually go through several wires on my cell phone a year. If you think the problem is deeper in the goggles you might be able to send them to the manufacturer. You would be surprised to know interested they would be for a manufacturer defect. Hope that covers most of the issue.

2ma
    Participant

Thank you a lot ! I’ll try and see but I am really afraid to open it… The think is that it never happened when using the front camera… So I wonder if it’s something with the receiver. But I’ll first try what you suggested ????
    I hope it will work okay till next week because I’m going on holiday and I want to take some cool shot ????

2ma
    Participant

I’m sorry for the “???” But I typed “. . .” I don’t know why my phone changed it xD

donnyb
    Participant

No problem with the phone thing. Mine does it all the time. Lol Opening it up is the last resort. But I figured if you don’t even get a blank raster it could be a power issue. But if it don’t have any problems while the camera and transmitter is on and working properly. It may be a software issue. I bought a couple Boscam transmitters and have one on my tricopter. And if the camera is not hooked up(monius) It don’t really do any thing. As for the fat shark goggles they normally have snow. As for my little tv I get a no signal and a blank screen. You might look over the manual and see if it has a video in switch. If it’s not over all the way that could cause issues.

If you don’t feel comfortable with opening the case than don’t. There’s a lot of things flying a rc craft. Double that with fpv. 10 years ago this would be totally impossible for common people. So it’s totally normal to get a bit flustered.

It might be a good idea to make up a check list for flying your craft and another one for your video like. To get set up to fly with my tricopter or quads. It usually takes me about a hour. I go over everything. You usually find this information useful after you have a fly away. Lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.