Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter So I finally pulled the trigger on the mini-tri kit…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Corbarrad
    Participant

Hello everyone.
    Since this is my first post I think a bit of an introduction is in order.
    I’ve been tinkering around with RC stuff ever since my first RC car lost a wheel when I was 6 years old. That was back in 1980 and since then my passion for tinkering has lead to boats accidentally becoming submarines, balsa planes becoming piles of matchstick sized splinters and rc cars getting wedged underneath utility shacks so badly the shack was the thing that needed to be moved to get the car out.
    I picked up my first foamy in 2010 and my first micro heli shortly after and since then the ratio of sucessful flights has steadily increased.
    I’ve been aware of multirotors for a while now and while I quite like to go three dodging in the garden with my fpv nano qx I never even considered getting one of the bigger quads or helis for that matter, those things kinda scare me…
    Long story short I’ve always liked the way Davids Tricopters fly, the only thing that put me off was the size and when he announced the mini tricopter I knew what I’d be getting for my birthday… or not, because right in time for that date the electronics kit went into back order and by the time I finally realized it was back in stock the frame kits had run out.
    I’ve been watching the stock situation for a while now and figured “hell with it”. I don’t usually order things that aren’t in stock at the time but I submitted my order anyway, so I don’t miss my opportunity again.
    I’m curious, though is there an ETA on when the frame kits will be back in stock again?

rue
    Participant

Hello Corrbarad, welcome to RCExplorer! Good decision you “pulled the trigger”. Can’t answer your question regarding ETA but you’ll be happy building and flying your mini-tri soon 😉

belgoheli
    Participant

I am also having my finger on the trigger, however I never buy things on back order. The mini Tri has been on back order for a coupe of weeks now. Does somebody know when the next batch becomes available? what is holding up?

Thanks
    Belgoheli

Corbarrad
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome!

Seems The kit is back in stock again, so there’s a chance it might show up for Christmas.
    Order still shows as “processing”, though, so I’m trying not to get too excited.
    I’ll have to start unearthing my workbench now…

belgoheli
    Participant

Pressed the button too yesterday.
    The wait has begun

Corbarrad
    Participant

Blog post sez: back-ordered kits will ship today.
    Now I’m getting excited. Need to restrain myself from checking my account every 5 minutes…
    Now, I know the harsh realities of life and I won’t be throwing a tantrum if my order doesn’t end up getting shipped today, but… but… *puppy dog eyes* I can haz tricopter?

Yes U can haz MiiiniTricopter. All backorders was shipped out today 😀 Now I need some sleep…

Corbarrad
    Participant

Hehe. Thanks and have a good night’s sleep,David. You earned it (in my book and that of all the guys on the backorder list with me at the very least)

I see the parcel has already made some headway… some 60km out of a total of 1300km.

I’d best follow your example and get to bed as well. My work schedule is less than forgiving near the end of the year. (Is anyones?)

Edit:
    Google maps annotations:
    Attention! This route includes toll roads.
    Attention! This route incldes a ferry trip.
    Attention! This route crosses into Denmark.

Uhh. Thanks for the warning, I guess… Is there something rotten in the state of Denmark?

Corbarrad
    Participant

The package has arrived this morning.!!!!
    I’m so giddy with excitement!
    Too bad real life hit and I have to be off to work…

Think I’ll take the box with me, though, just to have a look or two inside, maybe brag to my “drone”-ignorant colleagues for a bit…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.