Home Forums Everything about everything else Tail motor "Rumbling" & running sporadically

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    adamcooney1
    Participant

I have successfully built several tricopters but I have recently had problems with the tail motor running sporadically and revving up too fast once the FC is armed at idle speed. It also makes an disconcerting noise which sounds like a rumbling. I have trouble shot and replaced the motor (both brand new motors), ESC, checked the output voltage and resoldered the power leads and signal wire to different spots on the PDB with no changes to the performance. I’ve also checked all the typical issues (nothing touching the copper windings, I used a smoke stopper, nothing stuck in the motor housing, etc.) The other two motors and the servo work perfectly. This has happened to me on one other tricopter as well. This version has a Kakute F4 V2 with EMax 2205 motors running DRonin for tricopters.

Please help! Anyone know what would make the tail motor display this behavior?

Thanks

jihlein
    Participant
    adamcooney1
    Participant

jihlein,
    You are a genius! Never skip a step!!! I sometimes have skipped the servo speed test (Davids video refers to the ServoCal mode as the Tri-flight mode which kinda confused me) but that was it. As soon as I performed the test it was solved. Thanks much jihlein. If you ever get to Denver I’m buying you a beer.

Adam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.