Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Tail Servo Arming / Throttle Issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

So I built my MiniTri (RCE Kit & Electronics Kit) about three days ago. It does fly really nice, altough I didn’t do the tailtune yet.

I do have some issues however.
    The tail Servo seems to tilt a few degrees off center when I arm the thing.
    Since I didn’t like this (The copter seems to slightly drag to the right) I reflashed the onboard Naze today and found additionally out that the Servo doesn’t move when I am at full throttle. (it won’t stabilize)

Some Facts:
    – When I arm the board I can see the Value of servo 5 increase by around 20 (cleanflight)
    – I am able to do the servo adjustment when the copter is armed. When I disarm the copter however,
    the servo will tilt to the otherside.

Any ideas?

Bengt
    Participant

Step 1
    On the bench. No props. No arm. Set servo min, mid and max as per instruction. Or with 0.5 you follow the youtube instruction.
    When you arm the servo shall tilt a little to compensate for torque. Don’t worry about that. That is expected. No armed tuning on bench. (Except for the esc’s that shall be calibrated before any of this.)
    Step 2
    Hover in angle mode at eye height on a calm day and look for sideways drift. Land, disarm and adjust acc with stick command. Repeat until no drift. Save with stick command.
    Step 3
    Hover on a calm day and turn on tail tune. Dont touch sticks. After ready beep, land disarm and then turn off tail tune.

More details are found in the release notes at Github and elsewhere in this forum.

Simon
    Participant

That’s what I was looking for! It’s quite obvious when thinking about it. Torque compensation.
    Thanks for the quick help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.