Home Forums Everything about everything else Dronin on Rcexplorer F3FC integrated board

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    jihlein
    Participant

Set DynamicYawMinThrottle to 1, thought I had that defaulting to 1.

Disable the virtual servo.

There’s also a TriflightStatus UAVO further down that will monitor the state of the algorithms and display some of the computed parameters.

LitterBug
    Participant

Making real progress. Had elevator channel reversed so that is why tailtune wasn’t working when pulling back. Ran through input wizard and looking really good now. Think it’s time to put props on and go outside for LOS and autotune.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

EDIT Calibrated Volts and Amps to my meter also. Volts factor came out to 91 and Amps factor 54.

lauka
    Participant

Is the dynamic yaw code changed in Dronin? Value of 1 would reduce the yaw output to 1% at min and max back motor throttles in Triflight. Value of 100 disables it.

Love the way how Dronin shows and groups the parameters.

jihlein
    Participant

In Dronin, I change all the triflight calculations to floating point. Doesn’t work on F1 targets, it’ aimed for the F3’s and F4’s with the FPU.

LitterBug
    Participant

Whoops…. servo direction backwards… really wish I had a camera going because I have NEVER seen anything spin that fast before and it never even left the ground… LOL.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

LitterBug
    Participant

LOS flew really smooth! Got an autotune in. Started the upload but accidentally bumped the USB and it crashed. Going to reset and redo the autotune….

Cheers!
    LitterBug

LitterBug
    Participant

Reran autotune. https://dronin-autotown.appspot.com/at/tune/ahFzfmRyb25pbi1hdXRvdG93bnIYCxILVHVuZVJlc3VsdHMYgICAkIqh9QkM

(drat raining now)

Cheers!
    LitterBug

EDIT: Was drifting a bit to the right and had to keep correcting it during the autotune. Not much space to work with in the back yard.

LitterBug
    Participant

jihlein,
    Thanks for all the work you have put into merging dRonin, TriFlight, and the F3FC! Looking really good now. Managed to get a pack in over at a local field today. Left rates set at default 200 and flew mostly leveleling mode except for during tailtune. Nothing too fancy or fast. Really cold out so battery was sagging bad. My DVR is dead… no footage. MSP passthrough to the MicroMinimOSD worked fine.
    Does the dRonin triflight use the same beep codes as the other variants? Not sure if the in-air tailtune completed or failed. Was getting double beeps during the tune, and think I got Long short short short at the completion. (morse B)
    During the tailtune, dRonin was in acro mode. Is there a way to set that to other flight modes like leveling?

Cheers!
    LitterBug

unseen
    Participant

This sounds very interesting!

There’s a chance that the temperature here might be above zero at the weekend. I’ll see if I can get my Tri V4 snowproofed before then. If I can get things ready and the elements permit, I’d really like to try dRonin on the F3FC.

unseen
    Participant

@jihlein is there any way I can test this under Linux? I don’t do Windoze. 🙂

jihlein
    Participant

@LitterBug, I doubt the tones are the same. Here’s a map of what I setup:

Dronin Tailtune Tones

Open to suggestions if you find this confusing. Only requirement is standard morse characters.

I found I was on the sticks less doing the inflight portion of the tune in rate mode, but if that turns out to be problematic for users, I can easily change it back to attitude mode.

@unseen, regarding Linux, no easy way at the moment. There is a PR open for the triflight algorithms, which thru the automated server can be built for Linux, but that build won’t include the F3Fc target. The only place the triflight algorithms and the F3Fc target exist together is my development branch. If you setup the Dronin Linux build environment, you could clone my development branch and build a Linux version.

Regarding the PR, please feel free to comment on your experiences there, good, bad, suggestions. I know the main Dronin developers are somewhat lery/doubtful of the benefits of the direct servo feedback, so users posting their experiences/evaluations would be helpful.

Edit: And why don’t my image links display??

jihlein
    Participant
    unseen
    Participant

Thanks for the information. I’ll get a build environment set up.

LitterBug
    Participant

@jihlein,
    Thanks for the beep code cheat sheet. Those are quite a bit different that what the other triflight variants use. I’ll run it again and pay closer attention, maybe even throw a camera on it to record it. Looks like there was some debate about the beeper in the discussion thread above. Acro on the tail tune mode just caught me off guard since I’m used to doing it LOS in leveling mode. Not a big deal, just used to *flight being able to select multiple modes at the same time.

Looks like we will have a long stretch of unseasonably warm weather here this week. Hopefully there will be some periods of dry so I can put the Baby Tri through some full acro FPV packs with my normal rates. (700-1000ish)

Cheers!
    LitterBug

jihlein
    Participant

FYI – That discussion was about my original beeper implementation (which admittedly was a hack, but I needed something to test with). I’ve re-based to the Dronin buzzer infrastructure so those concerns have been addressed.
    Another way to tell if the tail tune completed (after the fact) is to look at the motor torque constant. Its default vaule is 13.8, and in my experience to date, the smaller airframes will compute a a lower number. See if that value has moved from 13.8

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.