Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter The servo feedback wire .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Marlon
    Participant

Hi,

I have a question “The servo feedback wire” is it a definitive thing now? And does it only apply to the Tricopter, or the Mini Tricopter also? Cause I saw this was tested earlier and i’m seeing it now on the Tricopter 3.5 build tutorial. Should this be added to the Mini Tricopter build also? If so please update the Mini Tricopter build tutorial.

Thanks.

lauka
    Participant

The feedback support is implemented and somewhat tested also.

Problem is that I haven’t had time to look into Triflight last week. I’ll try to release a beta out as soon as I can.

Next things in roadmap are:
    – new tailtune implementation
    – servo setup without configurator
    – servo feedback support
    – CleanFlight merge.

I think I’ll start with the first three as the code is already implemented.

Jarno
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to solder feedback wire to that servo to – turnigy tgy 210dmh Hobbyking

Thanks,
    Jarno

Jarno
    Participant

Ok, took the servo apart and it seams to be very similar to what David is using. How can I test if the feedback is working?

Thanks.
    Jarno

lauka
    Participant

Measure the voltage on the pot middle pin when you’re rotating the servo. It should give values roughly between 1V – 3V.

Marlon
    Participant

Good question,

What is the added value of this feedback wire? More stability, better loss of control corretion, or sharper turns?

Thanks.

Jarno
    Participant

Ok, with turnigy tgy 210dmh I got 0.82V one end and 2.61V the other end. I soldered the wire and got it back together 🙂

lauka
    Participant

@Jarno: That should work. Did you do it without removing the servo from the copter? Nice:)

@Marlon: The tricopter mixer controls the tail motor speed based on the servo position. With more precise position information we should get more responsive yaw.

Of course it works without the feedback signal, using the virtual feedback as before. Just not as accurate.

Jarno
    Participant

Yes, I didn’t remove the servo from arm, only cut the zipties. I’m rebuilding my V3 now, so at spring I can conquer the sky’s ?

Bojan
    Participant
    Terje

Well the picture you link to is PWM setup. If running PPM, my best guess would be simply signal pin 6 on the Flip32+?

Marlon
    Participant

Hi,

My build is going very slow, coming from 1/14 scale RC truck hobby. My copter toolbox is yet in it’s virgin state, but i’m no rush. I Managed to do the servo feedback wire mod yesterday OEM style hahaha. Below are some pictures. Sorry for the quality, the Mini Tricopter hobby has my wallet hostage for the moment.

Thanks

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Wow, I didn’t know there are RCExplorer branded servo.

Luis
    Participant

guys,
    what about if I have a “normal” naze32 Rev6? where should I connect the servo feedback cable?

Terje

Have not tried it myself…

According to the Triflight github page, you could use RSSI:

RSSI = Use RSSI ADC pin. RSSI feature can’t be used at the same time.

That would go something like this:
    In CLI type:
    set tri_servo_feedback = RSSI [ENTER]
    save [ENTER]

Now connect the servo feedback wire to the pad marked “2” on your board (CH2 reference on the picture). You will need to run PPM/S.BUS on your board to make this work (no PWM)

Someone PLEASE verify that this is the way to do it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.