Home Forums Everything about everything else Total noobie need help on FPV

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dronesruinthesky
    Participant

What do you guys recommend as a Rx for immersion video/audio transmitter. Fat shark? Quanum dyi? Stand alone receiver attach to a 5 inches screen display I have? If stand alone, what kind of Rx should I look out for?

I will be using David 3.5 Jack mod for standalone RX to connect live feed to my 5 inches (Velcro to my wrist) screen.

Thx for help guys

donnyb
    Participant

I’m a newb also. But I’m learning as I go. I’m not sure who actually produced it but has some nice reviews. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__70387__The_New_FR632_Diversity_5_8GHz_32Ch_Auto_Scan_LCD_A_V_Receiver_AR_Warehouse_.html

So far it works with the immersion rc transmitters. Plus the auto scan showing the actual channels.
    I also have the immersion rc uno. I like it also but a more complicated to know what channel your on. And the loud beeps is a little agitating.

I’m looking for a nice cheap monitor but looks like I’m might put at least $100 dollars on it. Any suggestions? Anybody?

Dronesruinthesky
    Participant

Thank you!!!! i realised that where david live vs where i live. I am require to have a 2.4ghz video feed instead of 5.8ghz. However,mi ordered 5.8ghz video feed for when i move to mountains side.

I suggest this. I cannot post link ( trying to change digitizer for ipad2 and 3 for a friend of mine and im testing them right now and they work!!!…. Yay). Anyway… Its the quanum dyi fpv Thats a small 5 inches screen. Its cheap less then 100 dollars. Read the comment and download 3d printing prototype, that way it could be a screen and a goggle at the same time. They look super cheap the goggle but better then none, and i can switch if i feel like. Very versital.

They say that you either focus on a google or video feed. You cannot bo both of hen start out because you will confuse yourself later on.

Thats is all, let me just close this digitizer and go to bed.

Dronesruinthesky
    Participant

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=dac7ceba5be66cae9e393a78297e80fd&t=2275037&page=2

This link. It say that the product you posted does not work with imrc product or horribly video feed.

Can someone chime in. Thank you.

donnyb
    Participant

Hey I think there might be a misconception in the article. The guy testing it said that it worked on all 32 channels. I just tested it with the antenna that was supplied with the product in my living room. I don’t have a attenuator so I can’t really tell if it would have good video from a long distance. I just used the Next wave 5.8ghz repeater. Maybe 10 mw. I received good video at 10 feet and it seemed locked in. But with all that in consideration I would really have to do testing outside the house. Also the new uno receives all 32 channels to use other frequency’s for the off name brands. With that in mind tells me that they all work together any way. But you can’t beat 60 bucks for a diversity receiver.

I was thinking a little larger than 5 inch screen. I have a 7 inch TV with video inputs. But it will go to the blue screen with no signal. I might have to figure out a hack for it. The minute you add fpv to a screen the price jumps up. Lol

Dronesruinthesky
    Participant

Since you helped me out, ive been searching for a 7 inch tv too. Here you go. I went and order the fs632 and this screen. total less then 75USD.

Scroll down …

http://blog.oscarliang.net/category/reviews-and-news/

I love that website, and im always there reading, and learning. Also this forum also, which is attached to David shop. ( I send David a memo to take my money, but my money is still there in my bank acct :P) Anyway, he is gear toward FPV racing, but I like fpv racing because they push people to innovate new things that weight so little to almost none!!! I will be on the look out for FVP racing equipments review. So i can maybe build a FPV racing and also incoporate their light equipments on tricopter.

donnyb
    Participant

Thank you!I think I’m going to get a bit of reading time in. I’ve done some more test with the fr632 and I sat my transmitter in the bathroom on the other side of the apartment. That’s three walls one toilet and a full size refrigerator to pass through and it still picked up the with minimal noise. But if I cup my hands over the antenna it will knock off the signal. Overall I think it seems like a good deal. I also decided to use the small tv as a monitor. But still looking to get a 7 inch monitor. I think I have spent too much money online. Lol! I will have to let a couple of paychecks build up.

Dronesruinthesky
    Participant

A small tv? That is some packing you have to do everytime you fly! Unless you live on an open field. Then sit in the toilet while flying fpv. :).

Yeah, i buy a lot online too! But budgeting make a big difference. ramen noodles and water for the next month for me.

Agent CAL
    Participant

I just got a Fat Shark Teleporter system from HobbyKing for $200, included the goggles, transmitter, and an HD camera that records onto a micro SD card. It gets fairly good range, although it only comes with di-pole antennas.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.