Home Forums Everything about everything else Tricopter v2.6HV Naze32 Firmware?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m currently rebuilding/upgrading my Tricopter v2.6HV that I built a few years ago. I’m using Hextronik DT750 motors, Afro 30A ESCs, and a Hitec HS-5065MG servo for the tilt. The tilt itself is a DIY assembly made from a nose wheel steering mechanism. The build is loosely based on the one in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCPMC_fiSMI

One of the upgrades that I’m in the process of doing is replacing the existing KK2 board with a (standalone) Naze32 rev5. My question is what firmware do I use? I was considering Triflight (obviously 🙂 ) but then decided against it; since my tilt mechanism is DIY and thus not as precise as the modern one that David sells, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get the angles close enough during the servo setup.

I considered the Steveis firmware, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Worst comes to worst, I’ll just use the stock CleanFlight code 🙂

Any suggestions? Thanks!

swissfreek
    Participant

I think at this point the code has come so far that even if there is slop in your system or you don’t have servo feedback, you’ll still be better off than if you used firmware that predates Triflight. @lauka has really done some great work. No matter what you install, compared to the KK2 it’s going to be a revelation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.