Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    swissfreek
    Participant

Finally got my V3 upgraded to a V4 with FSFC, RCExplorer electronics pack, and feedback on the tail servo. Spent the week putting her together, and maidened yesterday. Wow. Compared to my V3 with T-Motor AirGear350 and Lumenier ESCs, it’s not even the same copter. I never got my V3 to feel “right”, couldn’t get good video, and yeah, just generally didn’t live up to the legacy of my V2.5 from all those years ago. Not saying the product was no good, I just never got it worked out how I liked. But man, the V4 is amazing out of the box. Just hovering around I can feel the “swooshiness” again that was completely gone from the V3.

Below is the unedited raw video of the maiden. Please excuse my horrible flying skills. Pretty boring, but I thought it was cool that I could just slap a GoPro on it, hit record, and take it for a ride. Just like my V2.5, it just *worked*. Good work, @david for the design and @lkaino for your work on the firmware. You have created a masterpiece!

wynnsquad
    Participant

Wowthat, looks like some pretty incredible out of the box performance! Will it flip that easily on the normal rates, or do you enter high rate mode beforehand?

swissfreek
    Participant

That’s just normal rates. I have not changed a single thing other than installing the firmware and copying in the CLI code from the product page to get the full-size tricopter PIDs instead of the mini tricopter settings. In this video I’m mostly flying in Horizon mode (including during the flips and rolls), with a little bit of Acro about 2/3 of the way through just to see the stability. Was flying LOS.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.