Home Forums Everything about everything else Trifecta – Very weird FC issue!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hgg2k
    Participant

Hi,

I have the SPRacingF3 Deluxe flight controller installed on the Trifecta tricopter and it does a very strange thing!
    When you first power up the FC no matter if you arm the copter or if you wait and arm it later it behaves like there
    is a counter that increases slowly the idle throttle of the tail motor. If you arm it immediately, the motor starts spinning
    slowly. If you arm it after 10 seconds, it starts spinning at about 50% throttle. That imaginary counter takes about 35
    seconds to reach maximum throttle. If you try to arm the copter after the 35 seconds, then it refuse to arm and start
    emitting continuous short beeps non stop. The only way to reset this behavior is to remove the battery. The tricopter
    flies normally, but imagine having an ever increasing idle throttle. After a while it goes to the Moon…

Here is a video showing the different motor idle rpm every time I arm and disarm.
    https://youtu.be/PUPbfXOhphc

Here is also a blackbox log. https://ufile.io/reflq
    I did not touch any of the controller sticks. It shows the gradual rpm increase of the
    tail motor.

The setup
    Frame : Trifecta tricopter
    FC : SPRacingF3 Deluxe (from Banggood)
    Firmware : Triflight v0.7 (modified Betaflight 3.1.7)
    Receiver : FlySky FS-A8S (tried with a FrSky X4R as well)
    Motors : 2 Eachine MN2205 in front and Racerstar BR2306S on the tail.
    PDB : BeeRotor v2.0

This is the strangest issue I have ever seen, and I have built quite a lot of copters.
    I hope someone can help me solve this problem.
    Thanks.

hgg2k
    Participant

The problem has been resolved by reflashing the flight controller.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.