Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 TriFlight 0.1 vs. CleanFlight 1.9?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    swissfreek
    Participant

So, I was having some issues with my V3, and decided to reflash it while I wait eagerly for my mini tricopter to show up in the mail. I went back to the tab in the Naze frame and redownloaded the custom firmware per the instructions just in case it had changed since my last setup. I noticed that the hex file that downloaded was triflight 0.1, which I thought was intended for the mini.

I figured what the heck, maybe it all got rolled into one, but when I loaded it up, my tricopter did not fly particularly well. I say this having flown the same copter in the same configuration with the older CleanFlight 1.9 firmware and loving how it handled. The tail in particular was night-and-day better than what I’m used to with tricopters on various different controllers (as David said, his firmware gets the eel out of the tail).

Well, with triflight the eels seems to be back. More specifically, I feel like I have very little tail authority. The tail takes a long time and lots of input to respond, and then it feels very “mushy”. Quick yaw snaps cause a delayed response with violent oscillation at the end of the movement. Nothing like what it was with CleanFlight 1.9, where a hard quick yaw stick snap caused a hard quick yaw and rock-solid stop when the stick was recentered. I’m also getting weird responses in roll and pitch.

So I’m guessing I’m flying mini settings with a non-mini tricopter, and it’s not behaving well. But of course I don’t have that CleanFlight 1.9 firmware hex anymore, and the link on the product page only lists the new triflight 0.1.

Does anyone have the old hex? Or have the settings that can be loaded into the triflight firmware to give me back my nice flying tricopter? I figure with some work I could probably retune my PIDs, but that’s sort of a pain in the ass, and it flew so well out of the box with the old firmware. Anyone?

Terje

Are you using the link on the Naze32 board page?

The file contained within the zip file is called RCExplorer-Cleanflight-v1.9.0.hex should be the correct version?

swissfreek
    Participant

Well now I feel really stupid. Swore I was in the product page for the Naze frame, but apparently I was on the mini product page. I will now go sit in the corner with my dunce cap… Thanks Terje!

Terje

You are welcome, happy flying! 🙂

Bojan
    Participant

Hello Terje: Could you please tell my if there is any special change to FLIP32+ with cleanflight 1.9 FC on V3 tricopter? If I go an make like you did In that pdf file for FLIP32+ it should be ok?

rcexplorer.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Flip32-setup-v1.pdf
    this is the guide…
    Thanks!

Terje

Wow, that is an old guide 🙂 (It uses the X8R in PWM mode)

Yes, the connection diagram should still be valid running Cleanflight 1.9.0.

To gain access to all the neat features of softserial, if possible, run a CPPM receiver instead. CPPM connects to input PIN 1.

I would however rotate the board 90 degrees to make the USB port accessible from the side in hindsight (YAW adjustment).

You might consider running the motor 2 opposite of what the diagram says.

Left front (3): CCW
    Right Front (2): CW
    Tail (1): CCW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.