Home Forums Everything about everything else Triflight 0.6 RC1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    LitterBug
    Participant

Bumped Gyro and PID back to 2000. Hover test is fine. Getting some drifting so can’t get a tail tune. But at least I got the heat out. Would be nice to see some BB logs to see what is different between 0.5 and 0.6. 🙂 I can do more limited LOS / tailtune stuff in my limited back yard. Haven’t tried FPV in my limited space and not enough daylight to head out to the field.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

LitterBug
    Participant

FYI, I have my FC hard mounted. I may throw some rubber bobbins on it.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

LitterBug
    Participant

Definitely seems smooth in my tiny plot flying LOS. Can’t seem to get the drift out of it to get a tailtune. Going to put it away for now and work on one of my quads.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

EDIT: Here’s where my settings and servo tune are currently:

feature -BLACKBOX
    feature RX_SERIAL
    map TAER1234
    serial 1 64 115200 57600 0 115200
    set serialrx_provider = SPEK2048
    set min_throttle = 1050
    set disarm_kill_switch = OFF
    set tri_tail_motor_thrustfactor = 50
    set tri_tail_servo_speed = 286
    set failsafe_procedure = 1
    aux 0 0 1 1450 2050
    aux 1 1 0 1450 1550
    aux 2 2 0 1950 2050
    aux 3 12 2 1450 1550
    aux 4 27 1 1450 2050
    aux 5 28 2 1950 2050
    servo 5 977 1864 1446 100 -1
    set yaw_deadband = 4
    set acc_trim_pitch = -36
    set acc_trim_roll = -30
    set p_pitch = 33
    set i_pitch = 22
    set d_pitch = 20
    set p_roll = 39
    set i_roll = 23
    set d_roll = 27
    set d_level = 100
    set rc_expo = 70
    set rc_yaw_expo = 75
    set roll_rate = 45
    set pitch_rate = 45
    set yaw_rate = 80

lauka
    Participant

Thanks for testing!

It seems that next thing is to fix the blackbox.

I don’t have high confidence in Cleanflight anymore, check this issue: https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/2494.

Seems like Cleanflight is not so clean anymore. I wonder if Dominic tested the release at all.

I’m seriously thinking of converting over to Betaflight.

LitterBug
    Participant

@lauka,
    Interesting… I was doing all my LOS testing in angle mode. I can see how the extra vibes from higher pitched props could get amplified by that. Not sure how much work it would be for you to code, but I’d be willing to test BetaFlight based TriFlight. I have a Trifecta that could be thrown back together to have multiple platforms and FCs for testing too. I’ve been thinking about setting up a dev environment. Haven’t coded much in 20ish years, but could still use it to poke around and compile test versions.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

LitterBug
    Participant

Managed to attempt an in-flight tailtune out at the field. Failed with double beep. Tried a second time, but could not get the drift out again…. Flew 1 pack FPV with the same settings I posted up yesterday. Kinda twitchy, Waggly, and not as smooth as it’s been with 0.5. (possibly due to no in-flight tail tune)

Cheers!
    LitterBug

billyd
    Participant

litterbug I had to balance my props on the baby they were way out of balance which led to significant vibrations. This might be the cause of your tune failure, not sure. If you haven’t balanced them give it a shot.

Usually these tiny copter props come prebalanced, but the ones that came with my baby kit were out by a mile. Perhaps yours are too.

LitterBug
    Participant

@billyd,
    If I switch back to TriFlight 0.5, tailtune works fine, even with the higher pitched props. There is something about the way the 0.6 alpha version works that seems to amplify rather than filter noise. On 0.6 RC2-prerelease, changing from 5050 tri-blades to 5045 tri-blade props made the difference between cooking hot motors in 30 seconds and nearly unflyable, to cool running motors running for 4-5 minutes of somewhat aggressive flying. Both sets of props run cool and have completed tail tunes on 0.5. Both sets are brand new, run true, and appear balanced on my stand.

Unfortunately the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Was sunny and 78F Friday, and Saturday was 32F, Rainy, Snowy, windy, and very gusty. Doesn’t look much better today. Not sure when I’ll be able to get out next.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

lauka
    Participant

I think we just need to wait for the fixes to Cleanflight.

I started looking into the Betaflight rebase but it’s too much work for me ATM, without the parameter groups in Betaflight.

LitterBug
    Participant

@lauka,
    No worries. Going to try soft mounting my FC with some rubber bobbins and see what affect that has. I’ve been running them on all my more recent builds.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

Attachments:
    billyd
    Participant

I mentioned this earlier in the thread that some of the parameters governing gyro lpf and other filtering appear to have changed from .5 to .6. Lauka had asked me to list them but I haven’t been able to get to it and I am not near my shop to check.

Basically if you flash with .6 and try to copy paste a dump from .5 you will see errors for the values that are not accepted if you scroll through cli after you paste the dump. Some of the constant names have changed so the values are not accepted, and other values are different than in .5 for those changed constants.

LitterBug
    Participant

@billyd, I started from “default” and only changed what was needed for the Radio and flight modes. I later added the recommended settings for the baby tri. I don’t like copying cross-version when testing. Usually try to start with as close to default as possible and then add stuff back in and make adjustments. I noticed quite a few changes when I compared default values between releases.

Lines in 0.5 that are not in 0.6

feature -CURRENT_METER
    set looptime = 1000
    set gyro_sync_denom = 1
    set current_meter_scale = 360
    set current_meter_offset = 0
    set multiwii_current_meter_output = OFF
    set current_meter_type = ADC
    set gyro_soft_lpf = 95
    set dterm_cut_hz = 95

Lines in 0.6 that are not in 0.5

feature AMPERAGE_METER
    mode_color 6 8 0
    mode_color 6 9 0
    mode_color 6 10 0
    set debug_mode = NONE
    set telemetry_send_cells = ON
    set ibus_report_cell_voltage = OFF
    set amperage_meter_scale = 0
    set amperage_meter_offset = 0
    set multiwii_amperage_meter_output = OFF
    set amperage_meter_source = ADC
    set vbat_hysteresis = 1
    set pid_process_denom = 1
    set gyro_sample_hz = 2000
    set gyro_lowpass_level = NORMAL
    set gyro_lowpass_hz = 95
    set gyro_notch_hz = 0
    set gyro_notch_cutoff_hz = 130
    set pid_delta_method = MEASUREMENT
    set yaw_lpf_hz = 0
    set dterm_lowpass_level = HIGH
    set dterm_lowpass_hz = 95
    set horizon_tilt_effect = 75
    set horizon_tilt_mode = SAFE

Parameters with new default values

set gyro_sync was "ON" now "1"
    set gyro_lpf was "188HZ"  now "OFF"
    set d_level was "100" now "75"
    set tri_dynamic_yaw_minthrottle  was "235" now "500"
    set tri_dynamic_yaw_maxthrottle was "50" now "12"

Managed to get the FC soft mounted today. Weather bad still, so no chance to get out. Gave me time to tweak my FPV/OSD setup a bit. Was slightly out of focus, clipping bright areas of the image, and my power field positions were reversed.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

billyd
    Participant

Thanks litterbug. I wonder if any of those new parameters are causing any issues…..

unseen
    Participant

If you fly in angle or horizon mode, Cleanflight 1.14 or 1.14.1 should be avoided at the moment, or any software based on it. The mistakes that have been made with sampling and filtering the accelerometer data mean that there is huge aliasing noise induced into the readings.

I was helping out a user with altitude hold problems on 1.14 over on RCG and looking at his black box logs showed that the accelerometer data was varying as much as +/- 4g within the space of 0.12 seconds.

That’s a physical impossibility!

Cleanflight 1.14 is broken.

LitterBug
    Participant

@lauka , I see there was a 1.14.2-RC1 released on the 6th. Does this fix any of the issues we have been waiting on?

Changes since v1.14.1:

Improve accelerometer filtering.
    Fix RSSI reading on OSD.
    Add support for SPRacingF3NEO FC/PDB/OSD/VTX FPV Stacking System
    Other minor bug fixes.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.