Home Forums Everything about everything else Triflight 0.6 RC1

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    lauka
    Participant

The CPU load issue is not fixed, which I find quite weird. But the accelerometer thingie is a good fix for level mode flyers. I could rebase for testing.

sree
    Participant

Hi Lauka
    I have been reading triflight sourcecode in the hopes of contributing. I have a question on something I noticed.

In the initYawForceCurve function the graph is calculated as follows.

yawForceCurve[i] = TRI_YAW_FORCE_PRECISION * (-tailServo.thrustFactor * cosf(angleRad) – sinf(angleRad))
    * getPitchCorrectionAtTailAngle(angleRad, tailServo.thrustFactor);

If I substitute getPitchCorrectionAtTailAngle formula (which is 1.0f / (sin_approx(angle) – cos_approx(angle) / thrustFactor)) in the above equation

yawForceCurve[i] = TRI_YAW_FORCE_PRECISION * (tailServo.thrustFactor)**2

Isn’t this setting curve nearly same value at all angles?

Am I missing something? Appreciate your input.

Thanks
    – Sree

hertz
    Participant

@unseen, wow, you’re also there 🙂 My RC adventure has started from this forum.

without the parameter groups in Betaflight

I think Martin is working on it at the moment, would you consider the rebase after PG are implemented into BF? I’m willing to provide assistance if necessary 🙂

The CPU load issue is not fixed, which I find quite weird.

Look at the possibility of using per-file aggressive optimization flags like BF3.1 does in latest commits, -Ofast improves the situation quite a bit for F3 targets. No luck for F1 though due to increased code bloat.

P.S. If you have time and will, join BF https://betaflightgroup.slack.com for discussing incorporation of tricopter matters into BetaFlight. I can invite you if you let me know your email address, mine is [email protected] .

unseen
    Participant

Yeah, I’m here as well. 🙂

Now a proud owner of a Tricopter V4. My first ever tricopter!

It would be great to see the Triflight specific features in Betaflight. Cleanflight seems to be getting less and less stable with each release. Even the 1.14.2-RC1 that was supposed to fix some of the problems with 1.14.1 has actually made things worse as the accelerometer now stops working completely!

hertz
    Participant

@lauka Parameter Groups are actually there in BetaFlight, just not used throughout the code yet, but Martin expects the switch to PG to occur before BF3.2 is out. Any new parameters can be added using the parameter groups now if I understand correctly.
    We would be happy if you join us at BetaFlight’s slack channel 🙂

@unseen I noticed it became very slow in accepting PRs and new features, not sure about stability as I don’t fly it at the moment. Would be interesting to see usage statistics of CF vs BF vs TF vs iNav.

bhuism
    Participant

Hi 2 all, @lauka would you consider enabling dshot in betaflight (and later triflight?) it is allready enabled for the LUX_RACE target, maybe it’s easy. I would have done it myself if I understand the hardware.

cheers,

Bas

hertz
    Participant

I’ll look into it during this weekend for BetaFlight.

AtomicHemi
    Participant

Hi I noticed there is a new release of cleanflight (v1.14.2-RC3) No idea if it has resolved the issues we are having, still I would like to see Triflight running on Beteflight

lauka
    Participant

@sree: Could you check the calculations by exporting the function to a standalone c program and check what kind of values it is getting. I remember doing this at some point and the result seemed correct. Maybe it has changed since.

@bhuism: I could take a look. Do the Aikon ESCs support dshot?

Seems that the CPU load issue has been finally solved in Cleanflight. That took a while :).

Terje

@lauka yes the Aikon SEFM V1 30A ESCs support dShot up to 300 out of the box, to 600 when removing the cap: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/wiki/BETAFLIGHT-AND-Dshot

Betaflight should support dShot from version 3.1?

LitterBug
    Participant

Hey @lauka,
    Wonder if you have a moment or two to help clear up some questions about hardware for @jihlein on the dRonin TriFlight thread: dRonin Triflight on F3FC

Cheers!
    LitterBug

aoym
    Participant

*redacted*

Terje

@lauka are the changes to TriFlight 0.6 Beta 1 committed to Cleanflight and Betaflight? I can’t seem to find the commit in the Cleanflight / Betaflight branches?

LitterBug
    Participant

@lauka,
    I’ve successfully flown the dRonin version over the weekend. Thanks for your help on that thread! Let me know if you have any newer Beta/CleanFlight versions to test.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

fpvlog
    Participant

Hey guys. I’m new to tricopters and I would like to know what is the best option at the moment firmware wise.
    I’ve seen people talking about dronin, triflight, cleanflight, betaflight etc…
    I’d love to use betaflight like in my others quads as it is what I am used to and I reconn BF is just the best nowadays but what about in flight tail tuning and everything (servo feedback…)?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.