Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Triflight setup guide

This topic contains 243 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  jihlein 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 241 through 244 (of 244 total)
  • Author

swisseagle
    Participant

I don’t see much recent development activities on Triflight, but nonetheless I would like to ask how easy it would be to use it for another board.

I own a couple of Elle0 boards that were designed for paparazzi, which have an STMF4 with 1Mb of flash.
    From the FC target list available in Triflight I can see that an HEX is being generated as firmware, but I have the feeling that the specific board is not configured for the servo positioning wire feedback.

Could anyone help / suggest me the best way to get this implemented?
    thanks
    D

jihlein
    Participant

I don’t see an existing target file for that board, so you would need to take the pinout functions diagram of the board and create the necessary target.h and target.c files that define the resource mapping.

swisseagle
    Participant

the board target is under tree/master/src/main/target/ELLE0

I am looking at the RCEXPLORER3F3 target example. I believe I have to specify somehow an ADC in for the servo position voltage and enable the servo feedback with an option like :

….
    #define TARGET_BOARD_IDENTIFIER <ADD SOMETHING HERE…>

#define DEFAULT_SERVO_FEEDBACK_SOURCE TRI_SERVO_FB_RSSI
    ….

Furthermore I have seen that, other enabled boards dont have the same pattern for the servo feedback settings (i.e. DODGE)
    not sure …. help is much appreciated here.

jihlein
    Participant

There appears to be only two ADC inputs available on this board, one is defined for battery voltage monitoring, the other is for current monitoring.

While I don’t recall the exact CLI command, you can use the CLI to specify which ADC input (Virtual, Current, RSSI, EXT1) to use for servo fdbk. With this board, your only option is Current, so using the CLI set the current monitoring ADC pin for servo fdbk. No changes to the existing target code required.

You could modify the existing target files to “steal” an ADC capable pin from an existing function and define it as either the RSSI or EXT1 input but that gets complex quickly and leaves you with non standard firmware to maintain.

Viewing 4 posts - 241 through 244 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.