Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 V4 average current

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sscott 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Applicable_Robotics
    Participant

Hi,
    Has anyone used a 10C 4S battery pack on a V4 with David’s motors from the electronics kit?
    The pack I have in mind is http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=64441
    The specific energy (mAh/g) of this battery is 30% greater than the Zippy 4S 3000 I am currently using.
    Alternatively, could a few people post blackbox logs from a V4 with stock motors?
    Using the mAh consumed and the flight time I calculated the average current to be around 15-20 Amps, but that seems low.
    Thanks,
    Nicholas

VictorHuge
    Participant

My v4 draws 9a at hover according to the flight controller. This is with Sunnysky 2216 900kv on 4s with 9inch APC multirotor stole props.

sscott
    Participant

You should be more concerned about the peak current than the average current. You want to ensure that the peak current is below 10C, not the average current. And since battery manufacturers like to inflate their maximum current handling, I would personally make sure that peak current is below 7.5C for a 10C battery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.