Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Verification of PID settings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kevin_Erik

So far we’ve been having issues from day-one trying to get stable / level flight to complete the tail-servo calibration. Flying so far is ok but landing can be a bit tricky with the “sticks” being touchy. Furthermore, the tricopter constantly but slowly drifts right & yaws ccw (I think its CCW, will check my vtx recording later), requiring corrective inputs to keep the copter nearby. It’s not bad enough that the copter spins out of control mind you. Just annoying to the point where we either have to follow it around or add correction to keep it in one place. (Can wander over an entire Football field if we let it)

Note(s): Benchtop tail-tune and accelerometer calibration both completed without issue. Flashed with “triflight_0.7_Beta2_RCEXPLORERF3.hex” All propellers are in good shape or new. Overall copter weight is 620 grams, give or take.

Checking with David’s CLI inputs for PID…

set p_pitch = 43
    set i_pitch = 30
    set d_pitch = 26
    set p_roll = 49
    set i_roll = 30
    set d_roll = 48
    set p_yaw = 170
    set i_yaw = 45
    set d_yaw = 45
    set roll_rate = 75
    set pitch_rate = 75
    set yaw_rate = 75
    set tri_motor_acc_yaw_correction = 16
    set gyro_soft_lpf = 90.000
    save

We were only able to get the following values entered and saved…
    See Paistebin for my CLI dump https://pastebin.com/ywf3MBtJ

I gather that some of the CLI / PID setting have changed since David made the “Preconfigured Cleanflight Setup” video? Just want to ensure that the setting we’ve installed are not the issue as this could be an easy fix once its known.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Kevin and Erik

biggestRCEfan
    Participant

For twitchy sticks I would reduce the rates (RC rates) to reduce commanded rate per unit of stick deflection.

Are you flying accro/rate mode of angle mode? If in angle, you could trim out using stick commands (disarm, throttle max, use pitch and roll stick to set parameters “acc xxxx” to a value to improve leveling in hover. You will hear a beep for each unit of change). If flying accro, it will never sit still as the slightest disturbance will push it slightly of level and it will wander). However, in no wind conditions it should sit pretty still.

For the drift. I would check that there is no binding on the tilt mechanism.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.