Home Forums Everything about everything else What Do You Want to See David Do Next?!?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I think David will be taking a break from Rocket Knife for a while, so I’m curious to hear what everyone wants him to do next 🙂

I personally would LOVE to see a long video (or even a series of videos) about all of the FPV aircraft that David has built and flown over the past 9-10 years. Starting with the Funjet, Easystar, Twinstar… and ending with his current favorite aircraft to fly. I’ve been a huge fan of David’s and always admired his passion for the hobby. I’m also very interested in R/C technology in general and David has been a great resource.

I miss the time when David would post several times a week on his blog. I’d love to find out what technology David used and why, what he uses now, how it’s different… essentially a video on David’s R/C hangar from the last decade or so.

What do you guys think?

Kevin_Erik

Yeah it’s always good to reflect on where you’ve been to better understand where you’re going.

Beyond that…

-Having an “open” process to update the F3FC.
    -Mount a rocket engine on a tricopter.
    -Something for better tail-wag management is a must at low throttle.

Cheers!

Kevin

@kevin_Erik What do you mean by “open process” to update the F3FC? To have more people developing the code?

@david What do you think of my idea? Would you consider doing something like that?

Kevin_Erik

Develop code, build, test, fly ect.

I can do most of that but my coding is a bit rusty… last time I worked on anything was 3 years ago when i was modding Supreme Commander. Beyond that I’ve over 20 years in electronics and i can design most stuff using Fusion 360 as needed. Unfortunately I am not a strong pilot (yet) but am not shy of crashing. After all each crash is a learning experience!

BTW there is a spammer in forums “josephgreen”

Cheers!

Kevin

LitterBug
    Participant

What next?? Ah well either a 2″, 3″ or 30″ prop tricopter.

Better yet, One capable of carrying a human! Not sure what the regs are over there, but I’m sure @David is more than capable of piloting such a craft!

Cheers!
    LitterBug

billyd
    Participant

How about a tricopter / ground vehicle combo?

BLeeK
    Participant

@ LitterBug…
    Speaking of micro-tri’s, have you seen the “Awesome Dragonfly” 110 Y4?
    I keep thinking remove rear two motors, zip/cable tie in a servo between two plate (IF there’s room) & then design & print a motor mount to go on servo…
    Personally, I’d ditch the 4-in-1 ESC’s for some on the arms to save room- hopefully -to fit a RunCam Split Micro…
    Wish I had the spare cash to experiment- perhaps an idea for someone else & let us know if its worth it??? 😉
    https://www.banggood.com/Awesome-Dragonfly-110-Y4-110mm-RC-FPV-Racing-Drone-W-Omnibus-F3-OSD-BLheli_S-10A-25mW-48CH-600TVL-p-1247546.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Kevin_Erik

4-in-1 esc saves weight and centralizes the copters mass.

I would love to make more videos and content in general. Currently I’m short on time as I’m working in Italy for 3 months.
    But I’m still designing things whenever I have some time left over.

A general “make” video will be up soon of when I made a Meteor ring for Christmas.

It’s great to have you guys here to support me. Thank you very much

“OdinnFpv”
    Participant

words not needed, David is alive 😀 😛

Kevin_Erik

David,

Other than Limoncello, wine and coffee, what’s in Italy ?

BTW, if you want a hand in design, I am free most dayz.

Kevin

LitterBug
    Participant

@david,
    Would really like to see you at FliteFest East this year! Any chance you will be able to make it this year?

Cheers!
    LitterBug

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.