Home Forums Everything about the Bicopter Wiring Assistance

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dagtennis
    Participant

Alright, I am definitely not new to FPV and quads/RC but this is only my third build and my prior two have been basic racing quads with SP F3 flight controllers so excuse my ignorance.

I purchased botht he bicopter kit and electronics kit. I am working on the wiring and am following the revised diagram and video from David. A few questions.

1. I never wired anything from the battery pads on the PDB, but did solder the + and – red and black wires on the right of the PDB next to the current sensor and BEC. Do these +/- wires go to the “VBAT from baby PDB” pads in the Flight controller diagram: https://rcexplorer.se/blog/2018/09/corrected-f3fc-schematic-for-the-bicopter/

1b. If not, where do these two +/- wires go and what goes to the “VBAT from baby PDB” pads?

2. Does the resistor near the USB port need to be switched over from 5V to BEC?

3. Is the fourth, single, yellow wire from the servo the feedback wire?

4. Does the red power wire on the servo solder into the “BEC out to servo” pad on the flight controller?

5. Just want to confirm left servo and right servo are based on left and right as oriented from the copter facing forward (i.e. as if you were in the cockpit)

6. Confirm “left servo” and “right servo” pads are for signal wire?

Thanks for all the help!

1. Not 100% sure what you mean. The Vbat pad on the FC can be connected to anywhere you have raw battery power from. It can be one of the ESC + pads, the battery input pad (where the XT60 is connected) or on the small Vbat pad next to the BEC output and Isense. The same applies to the – pad on the FC.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Correct

6. Confirmed

Hope you get up in the air soon 🙂

dagtennis
    Participant

Great, thanks so much for the help and quick reply! Hoping to get it in the air today and use some tools to see if I can figure out the backwards shaking.

On question 1, what I meant was in the video at 2:02, right above the 6v selected connection you made, you soldered a red wire to a “+” which was on the first of four pads. Does this wire/pad supply the battery voltage? If so, then I will solder it to the vbat pads. If not, where does this wire solder to?

That is battery voltage output. Yes That pin is made to connect to Vbat 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Bicopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.