Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 YAW issues with Harakiri PID

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rue
    Participant

To all the Cleanflight pilots out there – due to its super-precise nick/roll behaviour (as far as I can judge 😉 I settled on PID5 (Harakiri) for further tweaking and experiments but I’m still struggling with YAW. My initial problem was that I had to substantially offset the RC input to keep it straight, that turned out to be a flaw of the 1.7.1 version I was using. I’ve seen in the Issues list that there are still a bunch of things under discussion or resolution regarding YAW in the different Cleanflight PIDs (see e.g. https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/741) and with the very latest version (1.9.0 as of yesterday, self compiled) I do have a ~30° bounce back once I release the stick.

Anyone out there with Harakiri experience?

Would also be interested to learn which PID David has settled on for the wonderful new “embedded-NAZE” variant for the V3.

Cheers, Rue

lauka
    Participant

I also settled with the Harakiri controller after playing around with most of them, it suits my style of flying the best. The reason is the same, very good control on the pitch&roll. I do have similar yaw bounce issues (also in other PID controllers). After lots of tuning in LOS, it turned out that it’s not a big issue for me when flying FPV. In FPV flight I don’t notice the bouncing effect that much, maybe because I don’t release the yaw stick as quickly as when testing it LOS 🙂

rue
    Participant

Thank you, Jaako, for your feedback! Intended to venture into FPV at a later stage but if it’s the only way to handle the YAW bouncing I might have to re-plan 😉 Will keep my eyes on the PID advances in Cleanflight and post here when sth. changes for the better.

I assume that the early testers of the “embedded-Naze V3” have gained interesting experience around this issue, too. Any cues from this side?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.