Forum Replies Created
Thank you for this helpful dRonin setup tutorial and the cool dronin fork for tricopters! I like to summarize my success story here, maybe it helps other builders:
– Built the branch “MyDronin” from jihlein on Ubuntu. The Dronin docs “Development Setup: Linux” were helpful to get to done: https://dronin.org/docs/development-setup/development-setup-linux/
– The build generates the firmware build/ef_kakutef4v2/ef_kakutef4v2.hex for the Kakute F4 V2 board. I flashed it to the fc with betaflight configurator.
– Soldered ESCs, Servo with feedback and receiver as shown on the Kakute F4 shop page: https://rcexplorer.se/product/kakute-f4-v2-flight-controller/
– Configured dRonin as explained in David’s video. Don’t search for “Tailtune” flight mode. It has been renamed to “ServoCal”.
– When I tried the first flight, the servo direction was wrong. This results on a fast spinning copter during launch :-). If you move your stick left, make sure the servo tilts to the right.
– My resulting autotune results:
– In-flight ServoCal did not work the first time, but the second time. Motor thrust factor 8.14 was computed.
Now there is only one thing I could not get to work, which is RGB LEDs. It is stated that Pin M4 should be used for the LEDs, so I connected my LEDs to Ground, 5V and M4. Is there anything to configure to get the LEDs lighted? Is PIN M4 pre-configured as LED Pin in the dRonin for the KakuteF4?
- This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by jbman.