Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 PWM setup with Turnigy 9X

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robert
    Participant

Hej,

I got my tricopter kit on Friday and assembled it this weekend. I’m still waiting for the motors and ESCs, but I thought I’d get the controller and receiver setup done.
    I connect my Turnigy 9X receiver with the Naze pin header and don’t get any input reading on channels 1-4, but it’s working fine on channels 5-8.
    The receiver channels is fine,it’s the first four of the Naze that have the problem. The whole header is soldered the same, any idea what the reason may be?

Thanks
    Robert

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Post the pictures of the connections and the soldering.

robert
    Participant

Hi Leo, thanks for your reply!

My poor solder job:

Connection between the 9X8C v2 receiver and the board is only by 1 (one) male/male servo lead at the moment, from receiver channel 3 to any controller channel I’m testing. Channel 1-4 don’t work, channel 5-8 do work.

I notice the channels 1-4 and 5-8 are each going to an 8 pin package which I don’t find on the Naze32 rev.4 schematics. Any clue what that may be?

Robert

robert
    Participant

Hi all,

found the solution in other boards and couldn’t believe that it was so simple… The naze32 has failsafe coming on if one of the channels 1-4 has invalid input. A channel not being connected at all seems to be quite invalid, as are Endpoints set outside the detectable range.
    I connected all channels and the issue is gone.

So to summarize:
    If one of the channels 1-4 is not connected or the PWM values are out of range, all channels 1-4 are set to their failsafe values. Channels 5-8 are not checked by the failsafe!
    Hope this will help someone later on.

Thanks
    Robert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.