Home Forums Everything about everything else Video editing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spartan
    Participant

What program is everyone here using to edit their videos?

I’ve had Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 for a few years which has a few quirks but has done the job for editing standard definition stuff. I’ve been trying to use it to create a video from my Mobius files and the quality of the output files is shocking. It’s really blocky and grainy no matter what setting I change so I’ve pretty much given up on it.

I just tried Windows Movie Maker (because it’s free and I already had it) and it is vastly improved over Power Director (although VERY slow) but the output quality still isn’t what it should be.

I would have thought that I would be able to edit the files down and the final product still be of the same quality of the files that came straight out of the camera. Am I asking too much or is this possible with a different video editor?

RCJim
    Participant

I’ve been using a program called Sony Movie Studio for a while now with relatively no problems. It’s a cheaper version of Sony Vegas. I would never use Windows Movie Maker way too limiting, but what can you ask for for free.

Bengt
    Participant

A nice tool to have is AnyDvdConverter, or one of its siblings.
    It’s not a video editing studio but it has some basic functions. The good thing is that it can convert any format into any other format with high quality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.