Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Winter is comming!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jone
    Participant

Hi,
    Has anyone got some good ideas to waterproof the tricopter? I would like to land on snow without being afraid of short the Naze board and power distribution.

hertz
    Participant

Flite test has some tip n’ tricks for waterproofing, hence also snowproofing, check this out:

Haven’t tried this out yet, but there’s no reason not to trust Flite Test, I’m myself currently planning to seal ESCs’ heatshrink with long-cure epoxy and maybe apply some CorrosionX to the FC.
    Although some folk say that the CorrosionX will make your tri smell like a WW2 airplane 🙂

GAntonjo

Anyone with experience using PlastiDip? They have “spray on” and “brush on” liquid tape. I have used the “brush on” version on the ESCs of my V3, but the MiniTricopter I have still not weather proofed. Will the NAZE32 Frame work after being coated with PlastiDip spray?

Terje

I experimented with liquid electrical tape last year. Works ok but does not permit effective heat dispersal and is a pain to remove when doing repairs. I would recommend this for lipos and such.

I used CorrosionX and CorrosionX HD on my motors and electronics. Can’t recommend it. The electronics get really messy, and the motors start to smell really funny when hot. Just lubricate the motors with the recommended oil and rinse them out with distilled water and pressurized air if they get into salt water or dirt (them re-lubricate).

This year I might try plastic seal 65 for my electronics 🙂

biggestRCEfan
    Participant

Or move to Australia …

lauka
    Participant

I have used Self-amalgamating tape successfully to waterproof my ESCs. It’s rather easy to remove for repairs and apply again.

How often do you even repair your ESCS other than replace them when they burn?:)

KillerSpud
    Participant

I bought a roll of that stuff on a whim, it is weird stuff, but handy when your heat shrink job doesn’t go quite as planned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.