After the failure to get the remote camera head on the HD camera to work, I decided to test flying it in a fixed possession on the Twin Star II.
Shortly after takeoff I found that the stock lens is horrible to fly with! Way to much focal length, so I decided to modify it a little…
I now use a f3.6 lens that was stock on the KX171 camera. Much better! See for your self:
I used the front from the other camera that I modified and the IR filter from the KX171 camera. This is necessary due to the fact that the IR filter was built in on the stock lens and was impossible to remove without breaking.
A little glue is all it takes.