Modifying the 2.4GHz Radio

Since the range of my video TX is much further than my RC link I thought that I would increase the range a bit.


To do this I will replace the stock 3dBi Omni antenna with a 9dBi Patch anenna.


I decided to change the SMA connector to a U.FL to eliminate the losses that comes with having long wires and multiple chain connectors.


Re-assembling the patch.


The patch in place and hooked up.


I’ve used this LiPo in this transmitter for over a year and it has worked flawlessly.
I use a diode in series with the battery to lover the volts by 0.9V.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.